Next-Lab is proud to reveal the winning names of their STEM Discovery Week 2019 competition. STEM Discovery Week 2019 is a joint international initiative that invites projects, organizations, and schools across Europe and around the world, to celebrate careers and studies in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM). The tagline for this year’s campaign was “Best practices in using innovative STEM resources”, putting the focus in the showcasing of teaching materials and other learning resources.
This year, Next-Lab teachers who participated in the STEM Discovery Week 2019 submitted their Go-Lab whole school implementation stories. The winners wrote stories illustrating the processes and impact of introducing Go-Lab as a teaching methodology at school level.
Here are the winners:
- Gökben Baykal, Açı Middle School, Turkey
- Olha Doskochynska, Lviv Secondary School, Ukraine
- Georgi Petrov Pregyov, Vocational High School of Transport, Bulgaria
- Panagiota Argyri, Evangeliki High School, Greece
- Oksana Okulova, Ivano – Frankove Secondary School, Ukraine
- Hatice Nur Sahin, Çamlıca Acıbadem Ortaokulu, Turkey
- Sonja Jankulovska, Dame Gruev, Republic of North Macedonia
- Federica De Vitoe and Daniela Leone, Il Guercino - Istituto Comprensivo 9 Bologna, Italy
The winners are invited to participate in the 30th Science Projects Workshop (SPW) taking place in the Future Classroom Lab (FCL) at European Schoolnet (EUN), Brussels on 14-16 June 2019 co-organised by various STEM projects.
The workshop provides an exclusive opportunity to exchange with other winners of the competition as well as EUN experts in the field on innovative STEM education and STEM careers.