The Go-Lab ecosystem offers you the possibility to use offline Inquiry Learning Spaces (ILSs) with your students in the classroom. Offline ILSs are developed online by the teacher, then shared offline with the students using Graasp desktop viewer (compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux).
In a nutshell, here is what you need to do when you want to use an offline ILS:
- Online: develop the ILS online in Graasp for offline use.
- Online: download and install the program/app that allows you to use the developed ILS offline (the Graasp desktop viewer).
- Online: view and save the offline ready ILS into the Graasp desktop viewer.
- Online or offline: copy the Graasp desktop viewer and the ILS to a USB device.
- Offline: use the USB device to copy the Graasp desktop viewer and the ILS to the computers for the students to work on.
- Offline: open the Graasp desktop viewer and the ILS on each computer and use the offline ILS.
We have prepared a comprehensive manual with instructions on how to develop and use offline ILSs.